Throwing a party and want music that can be heard over a crowd? A loud Bluetooth speaker is essential. With so many options on the market, it can be tough to know which speaker delivers the volume you need. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll cover how to shop for the loudest portable Bluetooth speaker and recommend the top loud speakers across various price points.
How Loud Do You Need?
First, consider how loud of a Bluetooth speaker you really require. Factors that determine ideal volume include:
- Size of gathering – Is this for a small get-together or a packed house party?
- Outdoor or indoor setting – Outdoors calls for more volume than an indoor party in close quarters.
- Background noise – Loud environments like a club or beach party demand more powerful sound than a quieter setting.
- Music genres – Thumping EDM and rock require louder volumes than softer jazz or classical.
As a general rule of thumb:
- Small indoor gatherings: 75+ decibels
- Large indoor parties: 80-90+ decibels
- Outdoor areas/pool parties: 90-100+ decibels
Use these volume guidelines to narrow down your search. Now let’s look at key features that allow a Bluetooth speaker to achieve those loud volumes.
What Features Make A Speaker Louder
Several core aspects impact a Bluetooth speaker’s maximum volume capabilities:
Larger, higher quality speakers with components like tweeters and subwoofers boost volume potential. Multiple drivers provide louder, richer sound than single drivers. The size of woofers (large drivers) also enhances loudness.
A more powerful amplifier directly increases a speaker’s loudness. Look for wattage ratings of at least 30W for larger gatherings or 50W+ for very loud volumes.
Advanced Audio Processing
Some speakers use digital signal processing (DSP) and other tech to amplify volume and prevent distortion at higher levels.
Radiators reinforce bass and enhance volume from small enclosures without requiring bigger speakers.
More battery capacity increases playback time before needing a recharge when blasting music loudly.
Robust, weatherproof construction allows speakers to deliver booming sound without damage.
Keeping these features in mind, let’s look at some loud Bluetooth speaker recommendations…
Top Loudest Portable Bluetooth Speakers
Here are the top picks for party speakers with intense sound levels organized by budget tier:
Budget Under $100
|Anker Soundcore Rave Neo
|JBL Charge 5
These affordable speakers still put out some serious sound. The Anker packs twin 6.5″ woofers and 130 watts of power for bass-heavy loudness. Or the JBL Charge 5 can crank up volumes with its 30W amplifier and large 7.2” woofer.
|JBL Boombox 2
The Sony SRS-XB43 and JBL Boombox 2 provide even more substantial audio hardware for louder sound. Their larger drivers, tweeters and higher amplification pack volumes suitable for most medium and even large-sized outdoor gatherings.
|Bose S1 Pro
|JBL PartyBox 1000
In the premium segment, the Bose S1 Pro and JBL PartyBox 1000 are practically PA system-level speakers. Their massive woofers, horn tweeters and 100+ Watt amplifiers achieve deafening volumes suitable for giant outdoor events and parties.
Key Considerations For Loudest Bluetooth Speaker
Aside from pure audio power, keep these factors in mind when choosing your loud Bluetooth speaker:
Louder volumes drain batteries faster. Make sure battery life is sufficient for longer events.
Particularly in outdoor settings, you’ll want sufficient Bluetooth range from your audio source to speaker so the connection doesn’t drop.
IP67 or IPX7 ratings ensure the speaker can handle splashes, rain, dust and falls while blaring music.
Consider portability requirements – larger, heavier speakers may not be practical to transport for mobile use.
Wired connections like Aux, RCA or XLR allow connecting other audio sources beyond Bluetooth if needed.
Handy additions like built-in voice assistants, speakerphone calling and party lights increase versatility.
While volume is key, sound shouldn’t be distorted or muddy at higher levels.
How To Get The Loudest Volume
Once you’ve chosen a powerful Bluetooth speaker, use these tips to maximize loudness potential:
- Place speaker in a central, elevated location clear of obstructions
- Angle speaker to directly face the audience
- Use EQ presets like “boost” for more volume if available
- Play lossless audio files for better quality at high volumes
- Set source device volume to 80-90% to avoid distortion before speaker
- Turn bass boost on – enhanced low end gives perception of louder volume
- Use multiple speakers in larger areas for wider coverage
- Stay within Bluetooth range and minimize signal interference
- Fully charge battery to ensure peak amplifier power
A loud Bluetooth speaker is critical for parties and events. Matching audio power to the size of your gathering and environment ensures suitable sound levels. Features like large woofers, powerful amplification and advanced audio processing allow quality audio at intense volumes. Leading picks like the Anker Soundcore Rave Neo, JBL Boombox 2 and Bose S1 Pro provide robust loudness for every budget. Position speakers strategically and use EQ settings to maximize loudness. With the right speaker and techniques, you can fill any party with booming sound.