Teal is a stunning and versatile color for weddings. It’s a unique blue-green shade that pairs beautifully with neutrals as well as bold, vibrant hues. When choosing teal wedding colors, keep in mind the overall style and season of your event. Read on for ideas and color combinations for teal weddings.
Quick Answer: The best colors to pair with teal for weddings are:
- Blush pink
- Mint green
- Navy blue
These colors complement the blue-green teal beautifully in wedding decor, flowers, bridesmaid dresses, and more. Neutrals like white, silver and gold let the teal pop. Soft blush pink, coral and yellow provide nice contrast. Rich purple, navy and black enhance teal’s sophistication. Mint green plays up teal’s cool tones.
Metallic silver is a fantastic pairing with teal for an elegant, glamorous wedding aesthetic. It highlights teal’s cool undertones and brings lots of shine and sparkle.
For a romantic teal and silver wedding:
- Use silver table runners, chair sashes, charger plates and cutlery over teal tablecloths.
- Incorporate silver candles, vases, lanterns and other accents.
- Choose silver bridesmaid dresses with teal floral bouquets.
- Add silver shoes, jewelry and hair accessories.
- Use silver fonts and embellishments on teal wedding stationery and signage.
The contrast of the cool metallic with the blue-green teal is absolutely gorgeous. It’s perfect for an elegant hotel ballroom or outdoor evening reception.
Like silver, metallic gold makes for a stunning pairing with teal. It provides beautiful warmth to balance out teal’s cool tones.
Try these ways to use gold and teal together:
- Use gold charger plates and cutlery over teal table linens.
- Incorporate gold candle holders, vases, frames and other accents.
- Choose teal bridesmaid dresses with gold shoes and jewelry.
- Use gold ribbon, sashes and embellishments on teal decor items.
- Add gold calligraphy and details to teal wedding invitations, programs and signage.
The combined effect is rich and luxurious. It’s ideal for formal hotel weddings and glamorous outdoor receptions.
Soft blush pink makes a gorgeous complement to teal for a romantic, feminine wedding theme. It provides a sweet, delicate contrast to teal’s blue-green vibrancy.
Pretty ways to pair blush pink and teal:
- Use a teal tablecloth with blush pink napkins and chair sashes.
- Incorporate blush pink flowers like roses, peonies or ranunculus in teal bouquets and centerpieces.
- Choose blush pink bridesmaid dresses with teal floral accents.
- Add blush pink shoes, jewelry and other accessories.
- Use a blush pink wedding cake with teal frosting details.
This color scheme is perfect for spring and summer garden weddings, showers and brunches. It also works well for bohemian, rustic or vintage-inspired celebrations.
Vibrant coral paired with teal makes for a fun, tropical-inspired wedding theme. It’s playful, punchy and perfect for summer.
Creative ways to use coral and teal:
- Use coral table runners over teal tablecloths.
- Incorporate coral flowers like hybrid tea roses, dahlias or gerbera daisies in teal centerpieces.
- Choose coral bridesmaid dresses with teal sashes.
- Add coral shoes, belts and jewelry as pops of color.
- Use a coral cake with teal ombre frosting.
This festive color scheme is ideal for beach weddings, backyard receptions or summer ballroom events. It’s playful, punchy and perfect for summer celebrations.
Rich purple hues complement teal beautifully for an elegant, regal wedding theme. Plum, eggplant and wine purples make luxurious partners for teal’s aquatic tones.
Stylish ways to use purple and teal together:
- Use eggplant purple table linens with teal napkins or overlays.
- Incorporate purple flowers like calla lilies, tulips or iris in teal bouquets.
- Choose teal bridesmaid dresses with plum purple sashes.
- Add purple accents like candles, vases, frames and chandeliers.
- Use purple uplighting to bathe the reception space in a teal/purple glow.
This color scheme exudes elegance and flair. It’s perfect for upscale hotel weddings, art galleries, museums and other formal venues.
Sunny yellow and cheerful teal make a winning color combination. The contrasting hues play off each other beautifully for a bright, fun wedding theme.
Some ways to pair yellow and teal:
- Use yellow table runners over teal tablecloths.
- Incorporate yellow daisies, roses, tulips or sunflowers in teal centerpieces.
- Choose yellow bridesmaid dresses with teal sashes or belts.
- Add yellow shoes, belts and jewelry as pops of color.
- Use a vibrant yellow cake with teal ombre frosting.
This lively color scheme is perfect for daytime spring and summer weddings like garden parties or backyard receptions. It radiates joy and celebration.
Mint green pairs beautifully with teal for a cool, tranquil wedding theme. It plays up teal’s blue undertones for a refreshing, elegant look.
Lovely ways to use mint green with teal:
- Use mint green table runners over teal tablecloths.
- Incorporate mint green flowers like roses, hydrangea or eucalyptus in teal bouquets.
- Choose teal bridesmaid dresses with mint green sashes.
- Add mint shoes, belts and jewelry as accents.
- Use a mint green cake with teal ombre frosting.
This soothing color scheme is great for outdoor weddings and daytime hotel receptions. It evokes natural harmony and tranquility.
Navy blue makes a rich, sophisticated pairing with vibrant teal. The bold contrast creates a stylish, nautical-inspired wedding theme.
Smart ways to incorporate navy and teal:
- Use navy blue table runners over teal tablecloths.
- Incorporate navy blue flowers like hyacinths, delphinium or irises in teal centerpieces.
- Choose navy blue bridesmaid dresses with teal sashes.
- Add navy blue shoes, belts and jewelry as accents.
- Use a navy blue cake with teal ombre frosting.
This luxe color combination is perfect for coastal weddings, yacht club events, or just channeling a nautical vibe. It’s classic and sophisticated.
Crisp white makes the perfect neutral foil for vibrant teal. It allows the teal tones to really pop for a fresh, bright wedding theme.
Elegant ways to pair white with teal:
- Use white table linens with teal napkins and chair sashes.
- Incorporate white flowers like roses, calla lilies or orchids in teal centerpieces.
- Choose teal bridesmaid dresses with white sashes or jewelry.
- Add white candle votives, lanterns and chair covers.
- Use a white wedding cake with teal details and frosting accents.
This classic color scheme works year-round for weddings of all styles. The neutral white provides a perfect backdrop for the vibrant teal.
Sleek black is a dramatic complement to rich teal. Together they create a sophisticated, glamorous wedding theme.
Chic ways to pair black and teal:
- Use black table linens with teal napkins or overlays.
- Incorporate black flowers like black roses or black bat oralies in teal arrangements.
- Choose little black bridesmaid dresses with teal floral accents.
- Add black candles, vases, frames and other accents.
- Use a black wedding cake with teal ombre frosting details.
This striking color scheme is ideal for upscale, formal weddings and evening hotel receptions. It has a stylish, dramatic effect.
Teal is a wonderful unique color for weddings. It pairs beautifully with neutrals like white, silver and gold for elegance. Soft blush pink and coral provide nice feminine contrast. Rich purple, navy and black enhance teal’s sophistication. Yellow and mint green lend bright, cheerful contrast. The versatility of teal allows for many gorgeous wedding color schemes.
When planning a teal wedding, consider the overall style you want. Pair teal with metallics like silver and gold for glamour. Use blush pinks and corals for a romantic vibe. Incorporate purple, navy or black for drama. Yellow and mint green create a fun, bright theme. Let teal shine as a statement color against crisp white.
With so many options, you can create a teal wedding palette that reflects your personal taste and style. Use teal decor items, bridesmaid dresses, floral arrangements and other details to make this vibrant hue the star. The perfect accent colors will enhance teal for a beautifully coordinated wedding.