Teal is a popular paint colour for feature walls thanks to its calming blue-green tones. When decorate a room with a teal wall, it’s important to choose complementary colours that enhance the teal rather than clashing with it. Here are some tips on pairing colours with a teal feature wall.
Quick Answer: Best Colours for a Teal Wall
The best colours to pair with a teal feature wall are:
- White or cream – Creates a fresh, beachy look
- Gray – Sophisticated and modern
- Yellow – Bright and cheerful
- Coral – Vibrant, tropical vibe
- Navy – Classic nautical combo
How to Choose Colours for a Teal Wall
When selecting colours to complement a teal accent wall, consider shades from the same colour family as teal that are a tint or tone of the hue. Tints are lighter versions made by adding white, while tones are created by adding gray. For example, soft sage green is a tint that pairs beautifully with teal. Charcoal gray is a tone that complements teal without being too matchy-matchy.
You can also look at colours located directly across from teal on the colour wheel. These complementary colours have a high contrast that makes the teal pop. Orange, coral, and rusty reds work well.
Another idea is choosing colours adjacent to teal on the colour wheel, like blue, green, and yellow. This creates a cohesive flow.
When in doubt, beige, white, gray and brown are easy neutrals that provide a subtle backdrop to let the teal wall stand out.
Colours to Avoid with Teal
Some colours clash with teal walls and should be avoided. Stay away from:
- Strong primary colours like red, bright yellow, or electric blue
- Neon hues
- Shades too similar to the teal
These colours either compete too much with the teal or create a jarring, distracting combination.
10 Best Colour Combinations for a Teal Wall
Here are 10 great colour palettes to consider for an accent wall in teal:
|Teal, white, wood tones||Crisp, beachy|
|Teal, light gray, black||Modern and stylish|
|Teal, coral, white||Fun, tropical vibe|
|Teal, lime green, white||Retro fresh|
|Teal, navy, tan||Classic nautical|
|Teal, light yellow, dark wood||Warm and inviting|
|Teal, sage green, brown||Earthy tranquility|
|Teal, light blue, off-white||Cool and calming|
|Teal, brick red, beige||Rustic charm|
|Teal, plum, cream||Regal and elegant|
Tips for Decorating with a Teal Accent Wall
Here are some tips for beautifully incorporating a teal feature wall into your home’s decor:
- Use 60-40 ratio – Teal on one wall, neutral tones on remaining walls
- Carry teal over – Add teal accent pillows, throws, art for a pulled together look
- Use white trim – Highlights the teal wall nicely
- Consider sheen – Matte or eggshell finish mutes the teal
- Add warmth – Wood furniture, tan, browns balance the cool teal
- Layer textures – Furry pillows, sleek coffee tables create depth
- Echo shapes – Circular mirror, round pendant light for harmony
With the right complementary colours and decorative touches, a bold teal feature wall can look absolutely stunning.
Teal Colour Schemes by Room
Not sure which colour combinations to select for your teal accent wall? Here are suggested palettes for different rooms:
– Teal, white, black and wood
– Teal, light yellow, brown
– Teal, crisp white, chrome/silver
– Teal, soft gray, navy blue
– Teal, red, beige
– Teal, sage green, wood
– Teal, cream, brown
– Teal, light blue, off-white
– Teal, orange, chocolate brown
– Teal, plum, black
With so many options, pairing colors with a teal feature wall is fun and easy. Just stick to lighter tints, sophisticated tones, complementary hues, or neutrals. Consider the mood you want to create and choose colors accordingly.implemented soon. Most importantly, select shades you love to create a personalized sanctuary. With the right teal color combinations, your feature wall will be a stunning focal point.