Clorox color is a line of cleaning products from Clorox that add color and fragrance to your cleaning routine. With different scents and shades to choose from, Clorox color makes it easy to customize your cleaning. Here’s a look at how to use Clorox color products effectively in your home.
Getting Started with Clorox Color
The Clorox color line includes a variety of cleaning products for different uses around the home. Some of the products available include:
- All-purpose cleaners
- Bleach cleaners
- Toilet bowl cleaners
- Glass and surface cleaners
- Disinfecting wipes
- Scrubbing pads and sponges
Clorox color products come in vibrant shades like blue, green, orange, and purple. They also have fragrances like lavender, citrus, pine, and fresh clean. When shopping for Clorox color items, decide which rooms or surfaces you want to use them for. Then choose colors and scents that fit the vibe you want for those spaces.
Using Clorox Color All-Purpose Cleaners
Clorox color all-purpose cleaners can be used to clean and deodorize variety of surfaces including:
- Garbage cans
To use a Clorox color all-purpose cleaner:
- Select a fragrance and color you like. Some popular options are tangerine and lemon scents in green or yellow cleaners.
- Spray or wipe the cleaner directly onto the surface you want to clean.
- Use a sponge, cloth, or paper towel to spread the cleaner around and scrub away dirt and grime.
- Let the cleaner sit for a few minutes if there are tough stains. This gives the formula time to work.
- Wipe the area dry with a clean cloth or paper towel.
For best results, sweep or vacuum floors before using a Clorox color floor cleaner. You can mop or spot clean floors as needed after that. On countertops, appliances, and walls, remove any loose debris before applying the cleaner. Check the product label for any special instructions on different surfaces.
Using Clorox Color Toilet Bowl Cleaners
Clorox makes color toilet bowl cleaners in shades like blue and green. These cleaners have a thick gel formula that clings to the toilet bowl to get rid of grime, odors, stains, and limescale. Options include fragrances like crisp linen and fresh citrus.
Follow these steps to use Clorox color toilet bowl cleaner:
- Lift the toilet seat up.
- Squirt or pour the gel cleaner under the toilet bowl rim and allow it to run down the sides.
- Use a toilet brush to spread the gel around and scrub the bowl, making sure to get under the rim.
- Let the cleaner sit for at least 5 minutes to dissolve stains and buildup.
- Flush the toilet to wash everything away.
- Repeat as needed for extremely dirty bowls or hard water stains.
Always close the toilet lid before flushing to allow the cleaning gel to spread throughout the bowl and pipes. Wear gloves when working with toilet bowl cleaner. Provide adequate ventilation by opening a window or turning on a fan.
Using Clorox Color Bleach Cleaners
Clorox makes scented bleach products in the color line like lavender and lemon. These can be used to clean and remove stains on white clothes, surfaces, bathtubs, and more. To use:
- Check the label for correct dilution instructions. Bleach cleaners are often diluted with water before use.
- Add the bleach to cold water per the instructions.
- Use gloves and eye protection when handling bleach.
- Soak white clothes in the dilute bleach solution for 5-10 minutes.
- Use a sponge or cloth dipped in the solution to wipe down tubs, sinks, counters, and other surfaces.
- Rinse surfaces thoroughly after the contact time stated on the label.
Only use Clorox color bleach cleaners on appropriate surfaces. Avoid using them on colored fabrics, natural stone, metals, and finished wood. Make sure there is adequate ventilation when working with the product. Never mix bleach cleaners with other household cleaners, especially those containing ammonia. This can create toxic gases.
Using Clorox Color Glass and Surface Cleaners
The Clorox color line has spray bottles of glass and surface cleaner in scents like lavender and citrus. Use these to clean mirrors, windows, glass shower doors, computer monitors, and other surfaces. To use:
- Spray the cleaner directly onto the glass or surface.
- Use a lint-free cloth, sponge, or paper towel to wipe away dirt and grime.
- Rub gently in circular motions to avoid scratching.
- Flip and re-fold your wiping cloth frequently to prevent streaks.
- Continue wiping until all residue, grime, and streaks are gone.
- Let the surface air dry or wipe off any excess cleaner.
Check the product label for any specific directions. Avoid using Clorox color glass and surface cleaners on special coatings like anti-glare screens. Test in an inconspicuous area first if unsure. Promptly wipe up any drips or spills during use to prevent damage.
Using Clorox Color Disinfecting Wipes
Clorox makes scented disinfecting wipes in colors like lemon, lavender, and ocean. These kill 99.9% of germs while also cleaning away messes. Use them to disinfect surfaces like:
- Kitchen counters
- Bathroom sinks and counters
- Tables and chairs
- Light switches
- Phones and tablets
- Appliance surfaces
To properly use Clorox disinfecting wipes:
- Pull up one disinfecting wipe from the resealable container.
- Unfold it and wipe down the surface, making sure to cover every area.
- Pay special attention to handles, knobs, and high touch areas.
- Let the surface stay wet for the contact time listed on the label.
- After the time is up, allow to air dry or wipe with a clean cloth.
- Safely discard the used disinfecting wipe.
Clorox disinfecting wipes make it quick and convenient to kill germs with very little effort. The colorful options add a little fun to your cleaning routine. However, they work best when you allow their formula to sit wet on a surface for the full contact time stated.
Using Clorox Color Scrubbing Pads
Clorox makes scrubbing pads in coordinating colors to match their cleaners. These help tackle tough messes on surfaces like:
- Pots and pans
- Bathroom surfaces
- Outdoor furniture
To use a Clorox scrubbing pad:
- Apply a Clorox cleaner to the surface you wish to scrub.
- Use the textured side of the pad to scrub back and forth.
- Pay extra attention to stuck-on grime or rust stains.
- Rinse the area and wipe clean after scrubbing.
- For heavy scrubbing, wear gloves to protect your hands.
Scrubbing pads work great in conjunction with spray cleaners. Letting the cleaner soak helps loosen debris so the pads can scrub it away with ease. They provide extra cleaning power on surfaces that need some extra elbow grease.
Tips for Using Clorox Color Products
Here are some helpful tips to get the most out of Clorox color cleaning products:
- Spot test – Wipe a hidden area first when using on a new surface.
- Ventilate – Open windows or turn fans on when using strong cleaner formulas.
- Use PPE – Wear gloves and eye protection when diluting or handling bleach.
- Follow directions – Carefully read all label instructions before use.
- Don’t mix chemicals – Never mix different cleaners or bleach with ammonia.
- Reseal containers – Close bottles, tubs, and canisters tightly after each use.
- Discard safely – Place used wipes and empty bottles in the trash right away.
The wide range of Clorox color choices makes it easy to customize your cleaning routine. Match scents and shades to your mood or decor. Keep different varieties handy for kitchens, bathrooms, windows, and disinfecting jobs. Follow all label directions carefully to get a deep clean and a colorful clean!
Clorox color cleaning products provide vibrant scents and hues to brighten your cleaning routine. Their all-purpose cleaners, toilet bowl gels, bleach solutions, wipes, and more make tidying up easy. Choose shades and fragrances that fit each room. Always follow label instructions closely when using for the best results. With Clorox color, you can give your cleaning a splash of fun!
With the variety of Clorox color products and proper usage tips covered here, you should now have a good understanding of how to use Clorox color in your home. Tailor the fragrances and colors to your preferences in each area. Take safety precautions with gloves, ventilation, and test spots. Following directions and cleaning best practices will allow Clorox color items to cut through grime for a cleaner, fresher home. Add a little color to your cleaning with the help of Clorox!