Asiam Curl Color is a semi-permanent hair dye designed specifically for curly and coily hair types. Using it properly ensures even color coverage and long-lasting vibrancy. Here are some tips for getting the most out of Asiam Curl Color.
What is Asiam Curl Color?
Asiam Curl Color is a conditioning semi-permanent hair dye made with gentle, curly hair-friendly ingredients. It deposits color without lifting or damaging the hair shaft. The rich cream formula saturates and defines curls while adding gorgeous dimension and shine.
Asiam Curl Color is available in 15 intermixable shades that allow you to customize your perfect hue. From soft naturals to vivid brights, the palette has something for every curl. The conditioners and emollients keep hair soft and hydrated while the color lasts. Rinse with cool water to refresh the vibrancy.
How is it different from traditional hair dye?
Traditional permanent dyes use peroxide to open the cuticle and alter the hair’s underlying structure. This allows vivid color but causes damage. Semi-permanent dyes like Asiam Curl Color simply coat the outside of the hair without chemical reactions. The color washes out over time.
The conditioning creme formula is thicker than regular dye. It adheres evenly to textured hair instead of running through. The emollients keep curls soft instead of dried out. Asiam Curl Color is gentle enough to use every few weeks!
What are the benefits?
Asiam Curl Color provides several benefits for curly and coily hair:
- Vibrant, even color
- No lift or damage to hair shaft
- Intense conditioning and shine
- Longer lasting color on textured hair
- Intermixable shades to create custom hues
- No developer required
- Vegan and cruelty-free formula
What tools and supplies do you need?
Gather these supplies before applying Asiam Curl Color:
- Asiam Curl Color kit(s)
- DET Angle brush or tint brush
- Wide-tooth comb
- Shower cap
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Petroleum jelly (optional)
- Shower cap (optional)
- Gloves (optional)
How to do a strand test
Always perform a strand test before coloring your whole head:
- Choose a section of hair close to your face
- Separate the strand and brush color on just that piece
- Leave it on for the recommended time
- Rinse and dry the strand
- Check for any irritation or unexpected coloring
- Tweak your mixture and timing as needed
How to mix the color
Asiam Curl Color comes in concentrated tubes. Mix together your desired shades in a non-metal bowl. The general ratio is:
- 1 part color
- 2 parts conditioner or cream developer
Adjust the ratio as needed to achieve your preferred shade intensity. For pastels, use less color. For deeper tones, use more color. Mix until smooth and uniform.
How to apply the color
Section clean, dry hair and work in small pieces for full coverage.
- Pull hair into four sections and clip up the unused parts
- Start with the bottom section
- Separate a 1-2 inch wide piece of hair
- Brush color mix thoroughly from roots to ends
- Twist or braid the colored strand and pin up
- Repeat until all hair is saturated
- Leave color on for 15-30 minutes
- Rinse until water runs clear
How long to leave it on
Processing time depends on the desired intensity:
|Deeper Tone||25-30 minutes|
Check every 5 minutes after 15 minutes. Rinse when the color looks visibly saturated. Leaving color on too long can lead to uneven results.
How to care for colored hair
Use color-safe products and minimal heat to make Asiam Curl Color last longer. Here are some tips:
- Wash with lukewarm water
- Use sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner
- Let air dry instead of heat styling when possible
- Rinse with cool water to freshen color
- Avoid chlorine and salt water to prevent fading
- Use a color-protecting conditioner weekly
What’s the cost?
Asiam Curl Color kits cost $13-$18 depending on the shades. Mixing two colors adds more dimension for minimal extra cost. Overall, Asiam Curl Color provides excellent value compared to salon coloring services.
Here are final tips for flawless Asiam Curl Color application:
- Do an allergy test 48 hours before coloring
- Work in a well-ventilated space
- Section hair cleanly for even coverage
- Use a tint brush to thoroughly saturate strands
- Don’t shampoo for 1-2 days after coloring
- Add conditioner to refresh color’s vibrancy
- Coat skin with petroleum jelly to avoid staining
Asiam Curl Color allows you to achieve salon-quality color at home with no lift or damage. Section and saturate your curls thoroughly for the most even, vivid outcome. Maintain your color with gentle hair care and touch-ups every 4-6 weeks. Asiam Curl Color keeps curly hair looking healthy, shiny, and oh so colorful!