Changing the LED lighting color on a gaming keyboard can enhance your gaming experience and allow you to customize the look and feel of your setup. Many modern gaming keyboards come with RGB or single color LED backlighting that can be modified through software provided by the keyboard manufacturer. The process to change the LED colors varies between brands, but generally involves downloading and installing the required software, selecting the desired lighting effect, and customizing colors. With the right software, you can achieve unique lighting modes like color waves, reactive typing effects, and more.
Reasons to Change LED Colors
Here are some of the main reasons gamers customize their keyboard lighting:
|Pick colors and effects that match your style and gaming rig aesthetic.
|Adjust brightness and colors for better visibility in low light gaming conditions.
|LEDs can react to in-game events like firing a weapon or taking damage for immersive effects.
|Strategic color choices may improve visibility of key functions like WASD for movement.
How to Change LED Color on Major Gaming Brands
The steps to modify keyboard LED settings depends on the brand and model. Here is an overview for some top gaming peripheral companies:
Logitech G Keyboards
Logitech G gaming keyboards use the Logitech G Hub software to control lighting. Follow these steps:
- Download and install Logitech G Hub if not already set up.
- Open the app and select your keyboard.
- Go to the Lighting tab.
- Select from preset effects including Color Wave, Breathing, etc. or create a custom effect.
- Pick colors using the palette and customize speed, direction and brightness.
- Sync settings to keyboard.
Popular Logitech models like G815, G915, and G513 are fully customizable through G Hub.
Razer Synapse with Razer Keyboards
All Razer gaming keyboards are configured through Razer Synapse. Here is the process:
- Download latest Razer Synapse software and account setup.
- Connect Razer keyboard and select it under ‘Devices’.
- Go to Lighting tab and select Chroma section.
- Choose from Chroma Studio effects or create a custom effect.
- Select desired colors under the palette.
- Adjust brightness and speed of animation.
- Click Save to confirm changes.
Synapse works with Razer keyboards like the BlackWidow, Huntsman, and Cynosa series.
Corsair iCUE Software
Corsair uses the iCUE software suite to customize backlighting on its gaming keyboards. Steps include:
- Install Corsair iCUE on Windows or Mac.
- Open iCUE and add your Corsair keyboard.
- Select the keyboard and go to Lighting Effects.
- Browse existing animations or create a custom effect.
- Adjust colors with the color picker and modify speed, direction, etc.
- Ensure hardware lighting is enabled and click Save.
Corsair K70, K95, and Strafe keyboards can utilize iCUE software.
SteelSeries Engine for SteelSeries Keyboards
The SteelSeries Engine platform lets you modify LEDs on SteelSeries devices like the Apex and Apex Pro keyboards:
- Get the latest SteelSeries Engine software.
- Open and log in to your SteelSeries account.
- Connect your SteelSeries gaming keyboard.
- Select the Illumination tab.
- Pick from existing animations or create a custom effect.
- Customize colors, speed, directions, etc.
- Click Save to apply new illumination settings.
Alienware Command Center for Alienware Keyboards
Alienware’s gaming keyboard LED settings are part of the Alienware Command Center software:
- Download and install Alienware Command Center.
- Open the app and select your connected Alienware keyboard.
- Go to the FX tab.
- Choose a premade Theme or create a custom one.
- Select colors and modify actions like duration, direction, etc.
- Click Apply to save changes to your keyboard.
This allows full customization on Alienware keyboards like the AW510K and AW510H.
How to Change Colors on Non-Gaming Keyboards
Many regular membrane and mechanical keyboards don’t come with advanced RGB control software. Here are some options to modify lighting:
|Some brands have built-in shortcuts like Fn + F5 to cycle colors and effects.
|Keyboards may have physical switches to change colors and effects.
|Apps like Aurora can add basic lighting control to regular keyboards.
You are limited to preset colors and animations, but can still personalize basic keyboard backlighting.
Adjusting your gaming keyboard’s LED lighting is an easy way to add personal flair and make your setup stand out. Download the required software from top gaming brands like Logitech, Razer, Corsair, and SteelSeries to access extensive lighting customization options. Explore a range of unique animations, make your own dynamic effects, and choose colors to match your style. With the right steps, you can program intricate multi-layered lighting that reacts to your gameplay. Custom-tailored backlighting helps you play at your best while letting your gaming keyboard reflect your personality.