Changing the bubble color in iMessage on an iPhone 11 is easy to do once you know where the setting is. iMessage allows you to customize your text messaging experience on iOS devices, including choosing fun bubble colors instead of the standard green or blue.
Access iMessage Settings
To change the bubble color in iMessage on an iPhone 11, first open the Settings app on your device. This is where all of the customizable options for iMessage can be found.
Scroll down and tap on “Messages” in the list of settings. On the Messages settings screen, you will see various options for customizing iMessage.
Change Bubble Color
To change the bubble color specifically, look for the setting called “Bubble Style.” Tap on this option.
You will then see a selection of different bubble color choices, including:
- Blue – the default iMessage color
- Green – the default SMS color
Simply tap on the color you want to use for your iMessage bubbles. The change will apply instantly.
Choose Bubble Effects
In addition to changing the bubble color, you can also apply fun effects like bubble shadows or bubble screen effects.
To do this, go back to the Bubble Style menu and tap on “Bubble Effects.” You’ll see options like:
- Slam – makes the bubbles pop up and float around
- Loud – makes the bubbles enlarge and shake
- Gentle – makes the bubbles gently rise up
Select an effect to have it applied to your iMessage bubbles. Note that these effects will override the standard bubble animation style.
Customize More iMessage Settings
While you’re in the iMessage settings, there are a few other customizations you can make including:
- Message preview: Choose whether to show a portion of the message content or just the sender’s name in notifications.
- Show subject field: Toggle on the option to include a subject line when composing new iMessages.
- Auto-capitalize: Turn on auto-capitalization of sentences if you want iOS to automatically capitalize the first letter.
- Auto-punctuate: Let iOS automatically insert periods, commas, question marks, exclamation points, and other punctuation.
Take some time to explore the different iMessage settings to customize your ideal messaging experience on your iPhone 11.
If you are having trouble changing the bubble color or applying effects, here are some troubleshooting tips:
|Bubble color won’t change
|Bubble effects not appearing
If issues persist, you may need to reset the Messages app itself by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Messages. This will restore default iMessage settings.
Customizing the look of your iMessage bubbles on an iPhone 11 only takes a few taps in the Messages settings. With fun color and effect options like slam or loud, you can add some personality to your messaging experience. If you run into issues changing the bubble style, resetting the Messages app can help get things working again.
With its customizable bubble styles and effects, iMessage helps make conversing on iOS devices so much more enjoyable. So go ahead, get creative and make those iMessage chats pop!