Spirit colors refer to the colors associated with our spiritual energy and aura. Certain colors are believed to reflect specific personality traits or carry special meanings. Understanding the symbolism behind spirit colors can provide insight into our innermost thoughts, emotions, aspirations, and life path. While interpretations vary, some common associations exist. Spirit colors offer a glimpse into our inner world.
The 7 Main Spirit Colors and Their Meanings
Here are the 7 main spirit colors and commonly accepted meanings:
|Red||Associated with passion, energy, aggression, impulsivity, strength. Red spirit colors suggest someone who is action-oriented, physically vital and strong-willed.|
|Orange||Associated with creativity, joy, socialness, enthusiasm, vitality. Orange spirit colors reflect someone who is outgoing, fun, adaptive, lively, and free-spirited.|
|Yellow||Associated with optimism, hope, intelligence, clarity, unity. Yellow spirit colors indicate someone who has an upbeat attitude, sharp mind, easy-going nature, and thirst for knowledge.|
|Green||Associated with balance, growth, healing, peace, nature. Green spirit colors reflect someone who values harmony, personal development, strong morals, and environmentalism.|
|Blue||Associated with calm, intuition, harmony, trust, devotion. Blue spirit colors suggest someone who is intuitive, sensitive, intimate, nurturing, and spiritual.|
|Indigo||Associated with vision, imagination, purpose, wisdom, mysticism. Indigo spirit colors indicate someone who relies on intuition, is idealistic and seeks deeper meaning in life.|
|Violet||Associated with magic, mystery, transformation, nobility, luxury. Violet spirit colors reflect someone who has high ideals, lofty dreams, refined sensibilities, and regal qualities.|
How Spirit Colors Relate to Chakras
In energy healing traditions, spirit colors are strongly linked to the chakra system. Chakras are energy centers or wheels located throughout the body that reflect emotional, physical and spiritual vitality. Each of the 7 main chakras corresponds to one of the 7 spirit colors:
|Root Chakra||Located at base of spine, connected to survival and feeling grounded. Color – Red.|
|Sacral Chakra||Located below navel, connected to sexuality, creativity, emotion. Color – Orange.|
|Solar Plexus Chakra||Located at upper abdomen, connected to self-esteem and willpower. Color – Yellow.|
|Heart Chakra||Located at center chest, connected to love, relationships, empathy. Color – Green.|
|Throat Chakra||Located at throat, connected to communication, expression, truth. Color – Blue.|
|Third Eye Chakra||Located at forehead, connected to intuition, insight, imagination. Color – Indigo.|
|Crown Chakra||Located at top of head, connected to spirituality, enlightenment, aura. Color – Violet.|
When our chakras are balanced and vibrating at their natural frequencies, our spirit colors are expected to be vivid, luminous and harmonious. Dull or muddied spirit colors may suggest blocked or imbalanced chakras.
Determining Your Primary Spirit Color
We each have a primary spirit color that matches our core personality, strengths and direction in life. Ways to determine your predominant spirit color include:
– Notice what color you are most drawn to or surrounded by. Is there a color that makes you feel peaceful, confident and empowered? That is likely your primary spirit color.
– Take a spirit color quiz online or through a spiritual advisor. Answer a series of questions about your traits and preferences. Your primary color will be revealed based on your responses.
– Pay attention to your dreams. Are you dreaming in a certain color more than others? The dominant color in your dreams may hold meaning.
– Notice the color of animals and objects that cross your path frequently. There may be messages in the colors that appear.
– Meditate on your spirit color. Sit quietly and visualize different colored lights. See which one seems to resonate most strongly.
– Observe the colors you use most in your home, clothing and other personal surroundings. We tend to surround ourselves with our spirit color.
Trust your intuition when determining your primary spirit color. The right color for you will just feel aligned.
How Spirit Colors Change and Progress
Spirit colors are not necessarily fixed. As we grow, evolve and have new life experiences, our predominant aura color may shift over time.
Here are some key ways spirit colors tend to progress:
– As children – Children often project brighter, lighter colors like yellow, pink or aqua. This reflects their joy, innocence and vibrant energy.
– During teen/young adult years – Bolder colors like red, orange or violet frequently emerge, reflecting passion, impulsiveness and idealism of youth.
– During midlife/middle age – Cooler, calmer colors like blue and green often stabilize, reflecting personal growth, balance and compassion.
– Later in life – Magenta and purple hues may dominate as wisdom, spirituality and inner peace increase with age.
– After spiritual awakening – Brilliant white or gold colors may overlay other colors, reflecting higher consciousness and enlightenment.
– Near death/afterlife – Pure white or pastel rainbow colors are said to occur as the soul transitions beyond the physical body.
As we have experiences that open the heart, expand the mind and awaken the spirit, our energy centers respond by vibrating at higher frequencies which leads to lighter and brighter spirit colors.
How Spirit Colors Interact and Complement Each Other
When people are closely connected, their spirit colors often complement each other in unique ways. Partners, friends and family members frequently project compatible or harmonizing colors in their combined auras.
Some examples of complementary aura color pairings include:
– Red & Blue – Passion & Calm
– Orange & Indigo – Exuberance & Insight
– Yellow & Violet – Intellect & Imagination
– Pink & Green – Affection & Harmony
When two people’s energy fields interact frequently through conversation, touch or close proximity, their spirit colors may even start to synchronize by influencing each other’s vibrational frequencies. This phenomena is sometimes referred to as “soul mingling.”
While any two colors can get along, some combinations create more friction or require balancing. For example, high-vibration purple and low-vibration brown may present challenges. But with care and wisdom, diverse colors can achieve beautiful synergy.
In groups, a unified spirit color often emerges that represents the collective energy. Rainbow colors swirling together are also common in groups where many personalities and perspectives converge.
Reading and Interpreting Spirit Colors
For those who can perceive them, spirit colors provide invaluable insight into people’s inner essence and outer personality. However, aura colors should always be interpreted in context. Here are some tips for reading spirit colors:
– Layered colors – We have multiple aura layers so view the predominant color but also look for secondary hues, flecks and tints.
– Color intensity – Subdued vs vivid colors reveal a lot. Murky colors often signal blocked energy while clear, robust colors equate to vitality.
– Color combinations – Some shades carry different meanings when blended with others so notice interactions between colors.
– Consistency – A person’s usual aura color is significant. If colors appear abnormal for them, explore potential causes.
– Instability – Frequent swirling, spiking or flashing colors can signify unrest, distress, over-stimulation or frustration.
– Congruence – Colors should align somewhat with the person’s personality, life situation and emotional state.
– Intuition – Your first intuitive impression about a color is often accurate so trust those insights.
By familiarizing yourself with the meanings and interpretations, you can learn to accurately read spirit colors and understand the messages they convey.
Methods for Seeing and Photographing Spirit Colors
Most people cannot see spirit colors and auras with the naked eye. Those who do possess a natural psychic ability. However, methods and tools exist that can help us all get visual perception of human energy fields.
– Meditation – With practice, meditative focus can open our third eye chakra enabling temporary aura viewing.
– Kirlian photography – This specialized high-voltage photography captures electromagnetic energy patterns around living things.
– Aura cameras – Technology like the AuraCam photograph a person’s bioenergetic field and translates it into visual colors and images.
– Aura tracing – Outlining a person’s silhouette on black paper reveals aura edges when color is applied by the viewer based on intuitive feel.
– Apps and software – Some computer programs use biofeedback, artificial intelligence and algorithms to estimate personal aura colors and meanings.
– Crystals or glasses – Some believe wearing specially treated crystals or aura glasses, like Rose Crystal Therapy Glasses, facilitate aura viewing.
– Psychics – Naturally gifted aura readers can offer consultations and directly perceive the colors of your spirit energy.
With practice and these helpful tools, glimpsing the energy of spirit colors can become more accessible.
Our spirit colors offer windows into our inner soul. While aura reading is an imprecise science, the meanings and interpretations of colors provide intriguing food for contemplation and self-reflection. Exploring the rainbow spectrum of spirit colors can help inspire personal growth, promote insight and deepen our understanding of ourselves and others on both spiritual and psychological levels.